Resources – After Effects
There are many ways to approach learning how to operate Adobe After Effects. You can use books for comprehensive reference of every single feature. You can also follow video tutorials for a step-by-step instruction about specific subjects. The best learning experience is achieved when these two are combined with working on your own projects, practicing how to translate your ideas into fully-realized animations.
Some selected links to websites, providing good video tutorials –
- aetuts+ – A great blog covering diverse subjects with many free video tutorials (check the ‘After Effects for Beginners’ section if needed)
- video copilot – Another blog with thorough tutorials, focused mainly on compsiting and special effects (featuring AE basic training section).
- grayscalegorilla – This blog covers After-Efffects as well as 3D work with Cimema 4D, and the workflow between the two.
- Adobe Classroom-After Effects CS5 – A comprehensive intro to After-Effects, covers most of the basics.
- fuel your motinography – more general motion graphics blog – features news and events as well as learning resources and tutorials
These two sister websites to AEtuts, cover tutorials for Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator